Are you a Vermonter with a disability? Are you worried about how the State’s 2021 Budget might affect you? Lawmakers want to hear from you!
Contact your Lawmakers
Email them by August 31st.
The budget hearing’s schedule may be full, but you can still introduce yourself to your Senators and Representatives.
Write an Effective Email
- Keep it short. Don’t write more than a few sentences.
- Say why you emailed them. Developmental services make a BIG difference. Say that you get services and you need them.
- Say, “No cuts!” Ask them to back a budget that doesn’t cut services.
Tell Your Friends
Download the flyer to help your remember the dates, and share with your friends.
Listen to the Budget Hearings.
You can watch/listen to the hearings as they happen on Youtube.
- August 26th from 5:00pm to 6:00pm
- August 27th from 1:00pm to 2:00pm